Top rankings recognize quality and value of OSU programs
Oklahoma State University is showing up on an array of top university lists these days. A glance at a few of them:
• Niche.com, a ranking and review website, named OSU to its top-50 list of public universities nationally for 2017, and first among Oklahoma public colleges and universities. Go to Niche.com, click on “college search,” and select “Oklahoma” for rankings on all colleges in the state.
• Nature Index, which extensively tracks the research article output of thousands of organizations in 68 distinguished research journals, ranked OSU No. 19 among its top 25 “rising stars” in North America, thanks to an 84 percent increase in published articles from 2012–2015.
• OSU has been named a 2017 Best College Value by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance for the 14th time since 2000. Kiplinger ranks OSU among the top 100 best values for public universities, and in the top 300 public and private colleges chosen from an initial pool of 1,200 nationwide.
• The GoodCall 2016 Best Schools for Scholarships Report ranks OSU’s main campus among the top 100 in the nation for providing scholarships and fellowships to help students fund their education. OSU ranked 76 among the 4,000 public colleges and universities surveyed.
• The Spears School of Business has been recognized as having the second most affordable master’s degree program in management information systems, as judged by BestMasterDegrees.com.
• The BestMasterDegrees.com rankers lauded OSU’s College of Human Sciences’ online master’s program in nutrition and dietetics. The program is open to registered dieticians or those who are eligible for similar credentials.
• U.S. News & World Report has ranked the OSU College of Engineering Architecture and Technology’s online master’s engineering programs 25th among public institutions and 31st among other regionally accredited institutions, a significant increase from 56th in the 2014–2015 rankings.
• College Choice ranked OSU in the Top 25 of the best online big data programs. Currently, the top five jobs in technology are positions that rely heavily on data mining and analytics, according to U.S. News & World Report. OSU’s Spears School of Business offers a number of analytics and data mining programs, including an online Master of Science in Business Analytics degree.
• Greatist.com named OSU among 26 universities nationally that go the extra mile to create an environment where students have access to top-notch fitness facilities, and robust medical and mental health services. OSU’s Pete’s Pet Posse Therapy Program and Camp Redlands also received favorable mentions.
• For the third consecutive year, the online MBA program offered by the Spears School of Business was ranked nationally among the Top 50 Online MBA Super Rankings. The program moved up from No. 29 a year ago to No. 26 for 2016–2017, according to TopManagementDegrees.com.
• OSU’s School of Entrepreneurship has been selected as the top program in the nation offering an online Master’s in Entrepreneurship. SuccessfulStudent.org’s ranking of the 15 Best Online Entrepreneurship Colleges in the United States placed OSU No. 1 on the list. The School of Entrepreneurship had also been ranked the No. 1 Best Online College for Entrepreneurship by OnlineColleges.com, No. 2 for the Most Affordable Top Ranked Online MBA Entrepreneurship Program by EDsmart.org and BestMastersDegrees.com. This isn’t the first time OSU’s School of Entrepreneurship has received nationwide recognition. The program started in 2008 and quickly gained recognition a short four years later in the Princeton Review’s Top 25 Graduate School of Entrepreneurship Studies.
More stories like this are available for members of the OSU Alumni Association. STATE magazine is a benefit of membership in the OSU Alumni Association. To join or update your membership go to orangeconnection.org/join or call 405-744-5368.
Published by STATE Magazine Editor Elizabeth Keys, Spring 2017, Volume 12, Issue Number 3
Uploaded on May 1, 2017